These are the biblical beliefs that undergird and drive our ministry.
- We believe that Christian women and men are completely equal in the sight of God (Gal. 3:26-29).
- We believe that broadly women and men have been created by God with some different strengths and contributions, and are complementary (e.g. 1 Thess. 2:7-8, 11-12).
- We believe that in a marriage relationship mutual submission is the biblical ideal (Eph. 5:21). To live this out in practice, it is important for wives to submit to their husbands (Eph. 5:22) and for husbands to deeply love and serve their wives (Eph. 5:25-29).
- We believe that God gifts and calls all Christian women to influence and that some women will have leadership and teaching roles in the church, community and workplace (Judg. 4:4; Acts 18:26; Acts 21:8-9; Rom. 16:7).
Driven by our theology, we are committed to practising our ministry in the following ways:
- We will encourage, support and network women in using their gifts for God.
- We will help women grasp the contribution that they can make as unique influencers in God’s kingdom.
- We will support and guide women of influence who seek to balance marriage, family and Christian leadership.
- While we are not seeking special roles for women, we will continue to encourage churches and pastors to embrace the value that women and men can together bring to pastoral ministry.
- We will esteem and encourage Christian women who are in fruitful leadership ministry in the church, community and/or workplace.
- We will value the contribution that both women and men can make in the development of Christian women of influence.